“Personal Data” means any information relating to an individual that identifies the individual or could reasonably be used to identify the individual regardless of the medium involved (e.g. paper, electronic, video, audio). Personal Data includes obvious personal identifiers (e.g. name, email address, postal address, telephone number etc) as well as information which can indirectly identify the individual when combined with other information. For example, Personal Data includes financial data, passwords, IP addresses, pictures, online search history, geolocation information etc.
Personal Data Collected
Personal data is collected by P C Henderson, a company registered in England with company number 01188468.
When placing an order on our site or registering to receive the P C Henderson newsletter, the following information will be collected:
- Company Name
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Postal address
- Where you initially heard about P C Henderson
- Log in and password (where applicable)
- IP address
- Opt in time and date (where applicable)
- Browser used
Some of the above information may also be collected when filling out a survey, request a brochure or fill out a form – a clear request to opt in will always be provided across all methods of data collection.
No sensitive data is stored by P C Henderson, any payment information provided (credit card, debit card, paypal) is processed through an independent secure payment gateway.
Personal data is collected to provide an overall better user experience for our customers. By using our website you agree that we may use your information to:
- Inform you about news and information relating to our business – including new product launches, product improvements and general business news (only where you specifically opt in)
- To efficiently process online transactions
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- Analyse volume and behaviour of the visitors to our site
- Analyse open and click through rates of our email campaigns to understand patterns in behaviour and to offer more relevant content
- Receive feedback from our customers to resolve any issues and provide an overall better customer experience
- Personalise content to be more tailored to our customers
Any marketing newsletters or email sent by P C Henderson to our customers include clear ‘update preferences’ and ‘unsubscribe’ links at the bottom of each email. These can be used at any time to change details or to unsubscribe and no longer receive any further marketing communications. Any requests received by other means will be dealt with appropriately and efficiently by P C Henderson. P C Henderson will continue to send you marketing communications via this method as long as you remain on the database and do not actively unsubscribe.
Other Forms of Communication
Other methods of marketing communication such as telephone calls, SMS and direct mail may be used on occasion.
Our site uses Secure Server software that encrypts your credit or debit card information to ensure your transaction with us is private and protected as it travels over the Internet. When you are on the pages which collect your personal information or payment details look for ‘http’ at the beginning of the website address and for the padlock icon at the bottom of your browser window. This tells you that the connection is secure.
Every payment transaction we process is checked by our fraud control systems to validate the authenticity and validity of the payment cards used, as well as indicators of possible fraudulent use.
Case Studies and Testimonials
P C Henderson occasionally publish customer case studies and testimonials on our site and social media sites. Permission to do so is always appropriately gained from all parties involved.
P C Henderson will often sell its products through a network of distributors and we may from time to time employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling mailing or orders, carrying our surveys and installations, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments etc.
Personal information provided to P C Henderson may be forwarded to our distributors and contractors in order to perform certain functions but will not be used for any other purpose outside of the customer request. P C Henderson ensures that any third party providers are fully aware and compliant with our data protection practices and the new GDPR legislation.
P C Henderson will not sell your data to any third parties for marketing purposes.
P C Henderson will link to third party websites from our own website, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites.
Right to be Forgotten
As well as accessible ‘opt out’ links on all of our email campaigns. Individuals can make a request to have any personal data completely removed from all of our systems by placing a right to be forgotten request. This can be placed by sending an email to email@example.com.
A cookie is a small file containing just text, downloaded onto a device when a user accesses certain websites. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. See below for more information:
- Monitor how many visitors use the site, how they find the site, which pages they visit and what computer systems that are using
- Help us improve the site and make it work well for users
- Help us market the site cost-effectively
The site uses:
- Google analytics cookies to monitor how many users are using the site, how they find the site, which pages they visit and what type of devices they are using – please note we cannot identify individual users
- Google Adwords
- Cookies set by Google Maps
- Youtube cookies if you play a video hosted by Youtube
- Session cookies are used for all users
- Cookies used to remember user type
Users who do not want to have cookies saved on their computer or other devices can block them. Users who do not block cookies are presumed to have given their consent to the cookies used on this site.
P C Henderson stores information in order to fulfil customers’ requests and contractual obligations as well as to improve the overall user experience for our customers.
Data is stored on our ERP system, in our third party email marketing platform (Mailchimp), on our website, active databases, shared network drives, cloud servers and by other means.